Friday, February 20, 2009

What's going on?


Today was a day like alot of others, its Friday, my partial cleaning day, if I am not too busy with work I try to get some portion of my housework done so its not all left for the weekend. First my car almost didn't start this morning when i went out to the carpool run. Well it didn't but then it did eventually. This when my husband has been away on biz for the week. Possible battery issue hopefully it will hold til he returns. Then the gym and then down to work with bathrooms, floors etc. I had a client at 1:00 so finished up and ran to the baby shop that is close to see what cute bows or hats or ribbons i could get to photography little Mary in. I've been there before, we've talked about business etc. This time though as with every place I go that is a small business the economy and the state of our businesses always comes up. We are both worried, us two women who own businesses and rely on the spending of other women who husbands may face layoffs, who feel the need like us to tighten up the spending until something shows itself. We are all concerned I feel it. Some days, I feel it so strong and I am so afraid I have to get out of my own head and do something, anything that keeps me from reading news on the web, in the paper, or even listening to what others are saying.
I hope that soon the scare will be over, that with Spring a renewal will come for all of us. The people out here not the politicians, not the messer-upers of the world, just us the lowly people out here, trying to pay our bills, keep our businesses alive and keep our families safe, I pray for our spirit to renew and for us to move forward no matter what the "sources" are telling us. Stop the media from scaring everyone and let us all go back to our lives.
I put this photo here to remind me and all that life starts here and this is the innocence we all crave. Enjoy!

No comments: